Our History

Our Story

E.C. Robinson Upholstery is a third generation, local, family owned business known for its quality craftsmanship and service.  


E.C. Robinson Upholstery began in 1938 when Jacob Robinson started the business from his home workshop in North Arlington.  Later, he and his son E.C. Robinson, Sr. opened up Robinson & Son Upholstery in a shop on Lee Highway.  After his father, Jacob Robinson retired, his son renamed the business E.C. Robinson Upholstery and moved the business to Mount Vernon Avenue in the Del Ray Alexandria neighborhood where is thrived for 16 years. When E.C. Robinson, Sr. passed away his son E.C. Robinson, Jr. took over the business.  


Under the leadership of E.C. Robinson, Jr. the business has expanded. In June 2018, the business moved to a new space on at 3141 Colvin Street in Alexandria’s West End where it continues to serve clients in Northern Virginia and the DC Metro with quality craftsmanship and value.

Our Clients